The undergraduate Department of Chemistry was also established at that time in the year 1946 .In the year 2005, the Department had a great leap forward as Post Graduation classes were started in the Department. In fact, our college is the first rural college in Punjab to start Post Graduation classes in Chemistry. The Department imparts quality education in the subject of Chemistry. From the very beginning, the Department has turned out innumerable DOCTORS, ENGINEERS, EDUCATIONISTS, SCIENTISTS etc., who are working as teachers in Universities, Colleges, Schools and as Scientists in Universities and other establishments like BARC, TBRL and ONGC. As far as faculty is concerned we have qualified, hard working and dedicated members who are always ready to work for the welfare of the students. They are innovative, research oriented and always well informed about latest happening in the field of science and technology. The P.G. Department of Chemistry is equipped with all the necessary facilities which are required to accelerate in the field of education and research. We have well furnished modern labs of Organic, Inorganic and Physical Chemistry fitted with all the necessary instruments.There are about 2303 books for Chemistry students present in the college library. Students are also provided with monthly Chemistry Magazines and Journals within library.Apart from this, there are also present 50 e-journals in the Library.
To update students with latest developments in the field of Chemistry throughout the world, Internet facility is also available to the students in the department and in the library. N-List, Inflibnet facility along with services of National Digital Library is available to the students. Department arranges extension lectures of eminent educationists for the benefit of students and teachers.
Our graduate and post graduate students regularly visit SAIF Chandigarh, CSIO Chandigarh, IISER Mohali, Science city, Kapurthala, Kuantam Paper Mill,CSIR lab Palampur and other research institutes.